Sterilization Procedures, Methods and the Use of Parametric Methods as a Method for Rapid Release of Sterilized Products
Live, Interactive Training Webinar
Available Live On-Demand
Instructor: Barry A. Friedman Ph.D. Biography>>>
Available Live On-Demand
Training on sterilization procedures and methods is imperative for success in today’s highly regulated and competitive Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Devices industries.
A variety of sterilization methods within the Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Industries exist for use in today's environment. In addition, with the increasing number of combination products, it is not unusual to find that several sterilization methods might be used sequentially to obtain an acceptable product available to the patient.
Historically, steam, dry heat, and chemical sterilants were the prominent modes of sterilization. While steam and dry heat were successful, chemical sterilants have proven to be less reliable. More recent innovations include ethylene oxide, gamma irradiation, filtration and electron beam. Each of these has found a place in today's terminal sterilization market.
Parametric release of sterile products offers many incentives that historically were not offered with steam sterilization followed by sterility testing. Parametric release represents a mode for the “instantaneous” release of a product without the time requirements normally associated with the fourteen day sterility test followed by whatever time requirements were additionally added by Quality Assurance. Thus, the product would not be released for seventeen to twenty days.
The objective of this live and interactive training webinar is to explore the various sterilization methods and learn how they may be used within your current manufacturing operation to provide both sterile components and final product. This live webinar will also explore the use of parametric techniques to permit product release without the requirement for the fourteen day sterility test.
-Types of sterilization methods. -Predominant uses of sterilization within the Medical Device and Pharmaceutical/Biotech industries. -Product interactions with Various Modes of Sterilization. -When to Use one Sterilization Mode vs. Another. -Parametric Release – What is it? -How to Use Parametric Methods. -Development of the Techniques – Issues and Answers. -Considerations of cost of sterilization. -Use of contract sterilization vs. in-house.
Webinar outline and time breakdown:
|1:15 PM||Log In Period|
|Types of Sterilization Methods,|
|Predominant Uses of Sterilization,|
|Product Interactions with Sterilization,|
|Parametric Release – What is It,|
|2:40 PM||Sterilization Cycle Development and Other Considerations,|
|How to Use Parametric Methods,|
|Development of the Techniques – Issues and Answers,|
|Considerations of cost of sterilization,|
|Use of contract sterilization vs. in-house,|
|3:30 PM||Live Questions & Discussion|
*Please note all times are Eastern Time (New York Time)
This live training webinar includes the following for each registered attendee:
- A copy of the presentation slides
- A certificate of training for attendee records
Who should attend:
The following individuals or disciplines will benefit from attending this Webinar:
- Quality Assurance personnel
- Quality Control personnel
- Research & Development
- Regulatory Affairs Professionals
- Auditing Professionals
- Microbiology Professionals
Schedule & Deliver this Live Training Webinar Privately to Your Group
Instructor: Barry A. Friedman Ph.D.
Barry A. Friedman, Ph.D., is a Senior Consultant in the Biotechnology, Regulatory Compliance and Aseptic Processing arena. Dr. Friedman is a frequent seminar speaker in the GMP areas of internal auditing, aseptic processing of sterile drug products, USP microbiology, validations and the requirements for the manufacture of Phase 1, 2 and 3 clinical trial materials. He has recently given presentations for the FDA, PDA, PTi. He is a member of AAMI, ASM, PDA and RAPS. He served as a Captain in the Medical Service Corps, U.S. Army and is the past President of the Capital Area Chapter, PDA... Full Bio>>>
All Pharma Webinars live training programs audio and visual are delivered via Cisco WebEx with basic system requirements of a computer with internet access and a telephone to access the audio portion of the presentations. You can choose to access the audio through your computer.
Live Training Benefits:
Live Training Benefits:
• Pharma Webinars training webinars and programs are presented exclusively as live events only.
• Designed and delivered based on e-learning best practices, Pharma Webinars' live training webinars and programs are as effective as in person training.
• Live training webinars and multi-part training programs are strictly educational based, and do not promote or endorse any products or services whatsoever.
• An interactive live Q&A and discussion period is included in each live training presentation. Questions can also be submitted to the speaker via email both prior to and following the live training webinar as a means of improving participant experience, and ensuring successful topic comprehension.
• Live presentations ensure that all live training webinars and programs are engaging and informative, allowing trainees to exchange ideas through audio conferencing and live chat during each presentation in real time. Each live training session includes a dedicated live Q&A period allowing trainees to interact directly with the instructor, with quick feedback providing them with concrete understanding of the answers and the training subject itself.
• Each Pharma Webinars live training webinar and program content is updated on regular basis to provide the latest regulatory, operational and technological trends in the international pharmaceutical arena. As regulatory expectations, guidance, or industry trends change, so does our training in order to reflect those changes as soon as the changes are released.
• Pharma Webinars' instructors are the most recognized subject matter experts in the industry who are selected based on very strict qualification criteria. They are coached on the latest e-learning speaking methods in order to make each presentation engaging, memorable and very effective.
• Each registered attendee receives an exact copy of the presentation slides and other course handouts significantly reducing the learning curve as trainees can refer back to this material in the future.
• All trainees receive a Certificate of Attendance for each live training webinar and program they attend to be kept for training records.