A Comprehensive Training on the Application of Steam in Place (SIP) Within a Manufacturing Facility & Methods to Destroy Microorganisms
Live, Interactive Training Webinar
Available Live On-Demand
Instructor: Barry A.Friedman Ph.D. Biography>>>
Available Live On-Demand
Steam in Place represents an important technique that facilitates the management of microorganisms in environments ranging from foods to dietary supplements to pharmaceutical products. When this technique is applied properly, it provides a microbiological assurance that may range from sanitization to sterilization. The primary application of Steam in Place is to provide a significant temperature for a specified time to either reduce or provide a Sterility Assurance Level (SAL) for the death of microorganisms. This methodology finds application primarily with equipment.
Steam in Place, PDA Technical Report No. 61, provides a detailed overview of issues related to the rendering of a surface or product devoid of microorganisms. This process may sterilize the product or only reduce the bioburden. As with other forms of sterilization, concepts of Sterility Assurance levels (SAL) with dry heat, ethylene oxide and cobalt irradiation apply to Steam in Place (SIP). This live training webinar will review the application of SIP and discuss its mechanism of lethality. The system design for a SIP cycle will be covered to include its control and monitoring. Cycle development considerations will delve into the area of Risk Management (ICH Q9) and how it impacts cycle parameter development. Once all of these elements are in place, performance qualification will be reviewed and include both the physical and biological qualifications and challenges. Examples will be provided throughout the live training webinar.
The objective of this live training webinar is to explore the development of Steam in Place and how it may be utilized to provide either the sanitization or sterilization of equipment without its incorporation into an autoclave or subjecting the equipment to another mode of sterilization. Because of the sensitivity and importance of Steam in Place to a variety of facility applications, this live training webinar is a MUST for anyone in your organization that is involved in the removal of microorganisms through sanitization or sterilization.
-Review Steam in Place Applications within a Manufacturing Facility .
-Learn of the Mechanisms of Lethality.
-Understand how a System Design may Impact the Control and Monitoring of a SIP System.
-Review System Design Considerations within a SIP System.
-Learn about Risk Management Re: Cycle Development.
-Review Physical and Biological Performance Qualifications.
-Case studies within SIP.
Webinar outline and time breakdown:Time*
|1:15 PM||Log In Period|
|Overview of Steam in Place applications within manufacturing,|
|Mechanisms of Lethality with steam,|
|System Design considerations with a SIP System,|
|2:40 PM||System Design and its impact on the control and monitoring of a SIP system ,|
|Risk Managements during cycle development,|
|Review of Physical and biological performance qualifications,|
|Case studies within SIP,|
|3:30 PM||Live Questions & Discussion|
*Please note all times are Eastern Time (New York Time)
This live training webinar includes the following for each registered attendee:
- A copy of the presentation slides
- A certificate of participation for attendee training records
Who should attend:
The following individuals or disciplines will benefit from attending this Webinar:
- Quality Assurance personnel
- Quality Control personnel
- Research & Development
- Regulatory Affairs Professionals
- Incoming Materials and Receiving.
Schedule & Deliver this Live Training Webinar Privately to Your Group
Instructor: Barry A. Friedman Ph.D.
Barry A. Friedman, Ph.D., is a Senior Consultant in the Biotechnology, Regulatory Compliance and Aseptic Processing arena. Dr. Friedman is a frequent seminar speaker in the GMP areas of internal auditing, aseptic processing of sterile drug products, USP microbiology, validations and the requirements for the manufacture of Phase 1, 2 and 3 clinical trial materials. He has recently given presentations for the FDA, PDA, PTi. He is a member of AAMI, ASM, PDA and RAPS. He served as a Captain in the Medical Service Corps, U.S. Army and is the past President of the Capital Area Chapter, PDA... Full Bio>>>
All Pharma Webinars live training programs audio and visual are delivered via Cisco WebEx with basic system requirements of a computer with internet access and a telephone to access the audio portion of the presentations. You can choose to access the audio through your computer.
Live Training Benefits:
Live Training Benefits:
• Pharma Webinars training webinars and programs are presented exclusively as live events only.
• Designed and delivered based on e-learning best practices, Pharma Webinars' live training webinars and programs are as effective as in person training.
• Live training webinars and multi-part training programs are strictly educational based, and do not promote or endorse any products or services whatsoever.
• An interactive live Q&A and discussion period is included in each live training presentation. Questions can also be submitted to the speaker via email both prior to and following the live training webinar as a means of improving participant experience, and ensuring successful topic comprehension.
• Live presentations ensure that all live training webinars and programs are engaging and informative, allowing trainees to exchange ideas through audio conferencing and live chat during each presentation in real time. Each live training session includes a dedicated live Q&A period allowing trainees to interact directly with the instructor, with quick feedback providing them with concrete understanding of the answers and the training subject itself.
• Each Pharma Webinars live training webinar and program content is updated on regular basis to provide the latest regulatory, operational and technological trends in the international pharmaceutical arena. As regulatory expectations, guidance, or industry trends change, so does our training in order to reflect those changes as soon as the changes are released.
• Pharma Webinars' instructors are the most recognized subject matter experts in the industry who are selected based on very strict qualification criteria. They are coached on the latest e-learning speaking methods in order to make each presentation engaging, memorable and very effective.
• Each registered attendee receives an exact copy of the presentation slides and other course handouts significantly reducing the learning curve as trainees can refer back to this material in the future.
• All trainees receive a Certificate of Attendance for each live training webinar and program they attend to be kept for training records.