Uncertainty in Laboratory Measurements within the Microbiological & Chemistry Areas Related to FDA Compliance and Review of Recent Warning Letters
Live, Interactive Training Webinar
Available Live On-Demand
Instructor: Barry A.Friedman Ph.D. Biography>>>
Available Live On-Demand
Measurements within the R&D and Quality Control Laboratories often create issues with those involved -- whether it be the technician, supervisor or laboratory manager. These measurement issues may be extremely simple or very difficult to discern based on the newness of the assay, its complexity, the training of the personnel, etc. The FDA will often comment on a Client's difficulty to follow/
interpret an assay -- whether it be a USP/EP/JP assay or one developed by the Client.
The assays may vary based on the compendial method being followed, e.g., USP, EP, or JP or, because no method exists. Often the development of new technologies also require the development of new assays or comparable assays that achieve levels of precision, accuracy and quantitation that have not been previously achieved.
Warning Letters will be presented to document some of the various testing issues that the FDA has discovered during recent audits and include recommendations where possible.
The objective of this live training webinar will be to explore selected "Uncertainties" within the microbiological and chemistry areas related to FDA compliance, to offer various solutions to assist your organization with FDA compliance initiatives and to provide your organization guidance to maintain itself within a cGMP compliance framework.
-Examination of Selected Chemistry and Microbiological Inconsistencies Observed within the R&D and Quality Control Laboratories.
-Issues Associated with using Compendial Methods to obtain consistency within Assays.
-Dealing with Uncertainty within Non-Compendial Assays.
-Management of Non-Compendial Assays.
-How your Incoming Raw Material Vendors may create additional Uncertainty in your Assay Testing.
-Product Acceptance Criteria and its Impact Upon Uncertainty.
-How Validation Criteria impact Accuracy, Precision, Linearity and Range.
-How to become aware of Uncertainty in an assay.
-What can be done to eliminate Uncertainty.
-How to work with your vendors to eliminate Uncertainty.
-How to explain "built-in" Uncertainty to your co-workers.
-How significant figures can be used to pass or fail an assay.
-Why chemists have such difficulty understanding microbiological quantitation.
-Review of FDA Warning Letters that incorporate Uncertainty.
Webinar outline and time breakdown:Time*
|9:15 AM||Log In Period|
|Uncertainty in Microbiology -- General Issues Causing Uncertainty,|
|Uncertainty in Microbiology -- Specific Issues Causing Uncertainty Testing as a Strategy|
|FDA Issues with Microbial Dilutions,|
|10:40 AM||The Meaning of "Nil" Microorganisms,|
|FDA 483s and Warning Letters,|
|11:30 AM||Live Questions & Discussion|
*Please note all times are Eastern Time (New York Time)
This live training webinar includes the following for each registered attendee:
- A copy of the presentation slides
- A certificate of participation for attendee training records
Who should attend:
The following individuals or disciplines will benefit from attending this Webinar: The following individuals or disciplines will benefit from attending this Webinar: Those who will benefit from this seminar include R&D, Validation, Regulatory Compliance, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Manufacturing professionals who are required to maintain standards of compliance consistent with the latest revisions of the cGMP as well as those that use contract manufacturing and contract testing facilities for their testing applications.
Instructor: Barry A. Friedman Ph.D.
Barry A. Friedman, Ph.D., is a Senior Consultant in the Biotechnology, Regulatory Compliance and Aseptic Processing arena. Dr. Friedman is a frequent seminar speaker in the GMP areas of internal auditing, aseptic processing of sterile drug products, USP microbiology, validations and the requirements for the manufacture of Phase 1, 2 and 3 clinical trial materials. He has recently given presentations for the FDA, PDA, PTi. He is a member of AAMI, ASM, PDA and RAPS. He served as a Captain in the Medical Service Corps, U.S. Army and is the past President of the Capital Area Chapter, PDA... Full Bio>>>
All Pharma Webinars live training programs audio and visual are delivered via Cisco WebEx with basic system requirements of a computer with internet access and a telephone to access the audio portion of the presentations. You can choose to access the audio through your computer.
Live Training Benefits:
Live Training Benefits:
• Pharma Webinars training webinars and programs are presented exclusively as live events only.
• Designed and delivered based on e-learning best practices, Pharma Webinars' live training webinars and programs are as effective as in person training.
• Live training webinars and multi-part training programs are strictly educational based, and do not promote or endorse any products or services whatsoever.
• An interactive live Q&A and discussion period is included in each live training presentation. Questions can also be submitted to the speaker via email both prior to and following the live training webinar as a means of improving participant experience, and ensuring successful topic comprehension.
• Live presentations ensure that all live training webinars and programs are engaging and informative, allowing trainees to exchange ideas through audio conferencing and live chat during each presentation in real time. Each live training session includes a dedicated live Q&A period allowing trainees to interact directly with the instructor, with quick feedback providing them with concrete understanding of the answers and the training subject itself.
• Each Pharma Webinars live training webinar and program content is updated on regular basis to provide the latest regulatory, operational and technological trends in the international pharmaceutical arena. As regulatory expectations, guidance, or industry trends change, so does our training in order to reflect those changes as soon as the changes are released.
• Pharma Webinars' instructors are the most recognized subject matter experts in the industry who are selected based on very strict qualification criteria. They are coached on the latest e-learning speaking methods in order to make each presentation engaging, memorable and very effective.
• Each registered attendee receives an exact copy of the presentation slides and other course handouts significantly reducing the learning curve as trainees can refer back to this material in the future.
• All trainees receive a Certificate of Attendance for each live training webinar and program they attend to be kept for training records.