Investigating Out-of-Specification (OOS) Test Results in the Laboratory; FDA Guidance and Latest Expectations
Live, Interactive Training Webinar
Date: Tuesday November 5, 2019
Time: 10:30am - 12:30pm ET (New York Time)
Instructor: Jerry Lanese Ph.D. Biography>>>
Date: Tuesday November 5, 2019
Inadequate investigation of out-of-specification (OOS) results in the laboratory is a common observation cited in FDA 483s and Warning Letters. It is clear that regulatory investigators throughout the world are looking at laboratory operations very closely.
The objective of this live training webinar is to develop an understanding of how a compliant laboratory handles the investigation of OOS test observations and how the laboratory interfaces with other units through the laboratory investigation process. The interactive live discussion will be based on the FDA guidance on handling OOS laboratory results and to provide a clear process for compliant laboratory OOS investigations.
This Live Webinar Will Cover:
-The requirements for laboratory OOS investigations.
-Latest Regulatory expectations.
-The laboratory OOS investigation process.
-Laboratory investigation, Phase I.
-Laboratory investigation, Phase II.
-Communicating with Quality Assurance.
-Understand the developing expectation for appropriate OOS investigations.
-Understand of the expectation for the identification of the cause of the OOS results.
-Gain a clear insight of the laboratory OOS investigation process.
-Learn the terminology associated with laboratory OOS investigations.
-Learn about outlier testing.
-Understand how the OOS laboratory investigation process relates to the general expectation for deviation investigation.
Regulations and Guidances that will be covered (FDA, EU, Canada, WHO, ICH, other):
-US - 21CFR211.160, 192
-ICH Q7; 11.1
-FDA Guidance for the Industry; Investigating Out-of-Specification (OOS) Test Results for Pharmaceutical Production
Webinar outline and time breakdown:Time*
|10:15 AM||Log In Period|
|10:40 AM||The requirement for Laboratory OOS investigations,|
|The Laboratory investigation – Phase I,|
|The Laboratory investigation – Phase II,|
|Identification of the cause of the OOS,|
|Reporting to QA,|
|12:30 PM||Live Questions & Discussion|
*Please note all times are Eastern Time (New York Time)
This live training webinar includes the following for each registered attendee:
- A copy of the presentation slides
- A copy of the Guidance for Industry: Investigating Out-of-Specification (OOS) Test Results for Pharmaceutical Production
- A certificate of participation for attendee training records
Who should attend:
The following individuals or disciplines will benefit from attending this Webinar:
- Senior management
- Production management
- Quality management
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Assurance Product Reviewers
Instructor: John G. (Jerry) Lanese Ph.D.
John G. (Jerry) Lanese is an independent consultant with a focus on Quality Systems and the components of an effective Quality System. He received a BA and MS from Middlebury College and a Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry from the University of Michigan. Since leaving graduate school, Dr. Lanese has had post doctoral research appointments, taught at the college level, filled several Quality Unit positions in the pharmaceutical industry and for the past 15 years he has been an independent consultant, with a focus on the FDA regulated industries. As part of his consulting practice Jerry lectures throughout the world on a variety of topics related to Quality Systems. He was named the Best Seminar Presenter of the year 2001 by the Institute of Validation Technology. In 2005, his article “Training and the Laboratories” was selected as best article of year by the Journal of GXP Compliance. Recently, in 2007, Jerry received the Kenneth Chapman Industry Recognition Award for his contributions to the Pharmaceutical industry… Full Bio>>>
All Pharma Webinars live training programs audio and visual are delivered via Cisco WebEx with basic system requirements of a computer with internet access and a telephone to access the audio portion of the presentations. You can choose to access the audio through your computer.
Live Training Benefits:
Live Training Benefits:
• Pharma Webinars training webinars and programs are presented exclusively as live events only.
• Designed and delivered based on e-learning best practices, Pharma Webinars' live training webinars and programs are as effective as in person training.
• Live training webinars and multi-part training programs are strictly educational based, and do not promote or endorse any products or services whatsoever.
• An interactive live Q&A and discussion period is included in each live training presentation. Questions can also be submitted to the speaker via email both prior to and following the live training webinar as a means of improving participant experience, and ensuring successful topic comprehension.
• Live presentations ensure that all live training webinars and programs are engaging and informative, allowing trainees to exchange ideas through audio conferencing and live chat during each presentation in real time. Each live training session includes a dedicated live Q&A period allowing trainees to interact directly with the instructor, with quick feedback providing them with concrete understanding of the answers and the training subject itself.
• Each Pharma Webinars live training webinar and program content is updated on regular basis to provide the latest regulatory, operational and technological trends in the international pharmaceutical arena. As regulatory expectations, guidance, or industry trends change, so does our training in order to reflect those changes as soon as the changes are released.
• Pharma Webinars' instructors are the most recognized subject matter experts in the industry who are selected based on very strict qualification criteria. They are coached on the latest e-learning speaking methods in order to make each presentation engaging, memorable and very effective.
• Each registered attendee receives an exact copy of the presentation slides and other course handouts significantly reducing the learning curve as trainees can refer back to this material in the future.
• All trainees receive a Certificate of Attendance for each live training webinar and program they attend to be kept for training records.