Compliance in the Laboratory – FDA, ICH and USP Requirements & Guidances for Laboratory Controls & Areas of Focus During Regulatory Inspections
Live, Interactive Training Webinar
Available Live On-Demand
Instructor: Jerry Lanese Ph.D. Biography>>>
Available Live On-Demand
The Quality Control Laboratory has become a focal point for regulatory inspections and a significant source of regulatory observations. In order to operate in a compliant manner and avoid regulatory observations, the laboratory must diligently address compliance and proactively implement improvements in laboratory operations that reflect the changes in regulatory expectations consistent with a Quality System approach and contemporary guidance.
In order to operate in a compliant state, the laboratory must go beyond the words in Subpart I, Laboratory Controls, and other applicable paragraphs of the GMPS, it must implement systems that meet the intent of recent guidances and offer a contemporary interpretation of the intent of the GMPs.
In this live training webinar we will discuss Laboratory Controls with a contemporary interpretation derived from guidance found in the FDA System Based inspection guidance, ICH Q10, The Pharmaceutical Quality System, ICH Q8, Product Development, ICH Q9, Quality Risk Management, the FDA guidance on Process Validation, the FDA guidance on Quality Metrics, the FDA guidance on Data Integrity, and many other guidance documents and contemporary quality philosophy.
-The Latest requirements for Laboratory Controls found in the GMPS.
-The impact of recent FDA, international and USP guidance on the interpretation of Laboratory Controls.
-What the FDA is looking for based on the Quality System concepts.
-Use of System Based Inspectional Guidances as a source for internal audits.
-Areas of FDA focus during an inspection.
-Things to look for in the internal audit of the Quality Control Laboratory.
Webinar outline and time breakdown:Time*
|09:15 AM||Log In Period|
|09:40 AM||The foundation of FDA expectations for the laboratory – the GMPs,|
|The ICH trio, Q10, Q8, and Q9 and their impact on Laboratory Controls,|
|The Laboratory Control System within a System Based Inspection,|
|10:40 AM||The FDA hot buttons found in observations,|
|Internal audit to maintain compliance,|
|Process validation – applied to Test Method Validation,|
|Impact of new guidance – Quality Metrics and Data Integrity,|
|11:30 AM||Live Questions & Discussion|
*Please note all times are Eastern Time (New York Time)
This live training webinar includes the following for each registered attendee:
- A copy of the presentation slides
- A copy of the FDA Stimulus Article on Test Method Validation
- A copy of the FDA Quality Metrics Guidance
- A copy of the FDA Data Integrity Guidance
- A certificate of training for attendee training records
Who should attend:
The following individuals or disciplines will benefit from attending this Webinar:
- Senior management
- Quality management
- Quality Assurance managers and auditors
- Quality Control personnel at all levels
- Analytical Development personnel
Instructor: John G. (Jerry) Lanese Ph.D.
John G. (Jerry) Lanese is an independent consultant with a focus on Quality Systems and the components of an effective Quality System. He received a BA and MS from Middlebury College and a Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry from the University of Michigan. Since leaving graduate school, Dr. Lanese has had post doctoral research appointments, taught at the college level, filled several Quality Unit positions in the pharmaceutical industry and for the past 15 years he has been an independent consultant, with a focus on the FDA regulated industries. As part of his consulting practice Jerry lectures throughout the world on a variety of topics related to Quality Systems. He was named the Best Seminar Presenter of the year 2001 by the Institute of Validation Technology. In 2005, his article “Training and the Laboratories” was selected as best article of year by the Journal of GXP Compliance. Recently, in 2007, Jerry received the Kenneth Chapman Industry Recognition Award for his contributions to the Pharmaceutical industry… Full Bio>>>
All Pharma Webinars live training programs audio and visual are delivered via Cisco WebEx with basic system requirements of a computer with internet access and a telephone to access the audio portion of the presentations. You can choose to access the audio through your computer.
Live Training Benefits:
Live Training Benefits:
• Pharma Webinars training webinars and programs are presented exclusively as live events only.
• Designed and delivered based on e-learning best practices, Pharma Webinars' live training webinars and programs are as effective as in person training.
• Live training webinars and multi-part training programs are strictly educational based, and do not promote or endorse any products or services whatsoever.
• An interactive live Q&A and discussion period is included in each live training presentation. Questions can also be submitted to the speaker via email both prior to and following the live training webinar as a means of improving participant experience, and ensuring successful topic comprehension.
• Live presentations ensure that all live training webinars and programs are engaging and informative, allowing trainees to exchange ideas through audio conferencing and live chat during each presentation in real time. Each live training session includes a dedicated live Q&A period allowing trainees to interact directly with the instructor, with quick feedback providing them with concrete understanding of the answers and the training subject itself.
• Each Pharma Webinars live training webinar and program content is updated on regular basis to provide the latest regulatory, operational and technological trends in the international pharmaceutical arena. As regulatory expectations, guidance, or industry trends change, so does our training in order to reflect those changes as soon as the changes are released.
• Pharma Webinars' instructors are the most recognized subject matter experts in the industry who are selected based on very strict qualification criteria. They are coached on the latest e-learning speaking methods in order to make each presentation engaging, memorable and very effective.
• Each registered attendee receives an exact copy of the presentation slides and other course handouts significantly reducing the learning curve as trainees can refer back to this material in the future.
• All trainees receive a Certificate of Attendance for each live training webinar and program they attend to be kept for training records.