Batch Record Review Process; 2020 FDA, EU and Canada Regulatory Requirements, Key Elements of the Review Process & Emerging Technologies
Live, Interactive Training Webinar
Date: Wednesday February 12, 2020
Time: 10:30am - 12:30pm ET (New York Time)
Instructor: Peter Calcott Ph.D. Biography>>>
Date: Wednesday February 12, 2020
This live training webinar will provide valuable information on the latest requirements of an effective batch record review process from an operational and regulatory perspective. It will interpret what the FDA and other regulatory agencies such as Health Canada and EU say and what they mean and expect. It will describe how and when to implement a system that is lean and cost effective yet compliant, in an ever-changing regulatory landscape using quality risk based methods. It will describe how to keep appropriate control over the processes and products without burdening the business. These tiered, risk based processes will allow low risk elements to be evaluated quickly, effectively and simply yet exert appropriate checks and controls on those which can have high impact on your product and the patient. It will include models of systems that will allow you to benchmark your processes to determine whether they are as robust and efficient as you believe. With the introduction of new technologies, we will examine how the batch record review process is changing to accommodate them. Case studies will be included so you can examine your own operations for telltale signs of potential failure or weakness.
Live Webinar Learning Benefits:
-The key elements of the batch record review process
-What to look for and how to remedy the issues
-Pointers on Good Documentation Practices
-How the latest technologies are changing the way we review batch records
-How the FDA, EMA and other agencies are changing their expectations of batch record review
-FDA, EU and Canada regulatory requirements for the batch record review process
-How Quality Risk Management can be used to your advantage to focus on the really important aspects of review
-Some useful metrics to measure your operational performance
-How to rapidly identify degradation of operational performance and correct it before it negatively impacts your bottom line
-How companies fail to live up to regulatory and business expectations so you can avoid these pitfalls
Regulations that will be Covered: Each country has its own specific sets of regulations. Below are citations from ICH and examples of regulations that are applicable to the inspection and response processes and philosophy:
Code of Federal Regulations 21 sections 210, 211 for Biological products and Drugs and 600 series for Biologicals in addition for USA.
Health Canada regulations for pharmaceutical and biotechnology products including appropriate annexes such as 1, 2, 3, 18. EMA Eudralex Volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, 9 for Drugs and Biologics in EU, including Annex 13.
International Conference on Harmonisation Quality Series Q1 through Q11 for USA, EU, Japan and other countries with an emphasis on ICH.
Webinar outline and time breakdown:Time*
|10:15 AM||Log In Period|
|10:40 AM||The role of batch record review in lot disposition,|
|What do the regulatory agencies expect you to do,|
|What a batch record contains and why,|
|Key elements to consider when reviewing a batch record,|
|Good Documentation Practices,|
|Risk based approaches to help streamline operations,|
|11:40 AM||Technology and how it is changing the process,|
|Where and how you can save resources in your review,|
|Moving towards right first time with batch records,|
|Metrics to help you identify issues,|
|Designing for the customer (production and QA),|
|Case studies of companies who failed to meet patients and regulatory agencies' expectations|
|How companies fail to live up to agency requirements,|
|12:30 PM||Live Questions & Discussion|
*Please note all times are Eastern Time (New York Time)
This live training webinar includes the following for each registered attendee:
- A copy of the presentation slides
- A certificate of participation for attendee training records
Who should attend:
The following individuals or disciplines will benefit from attending this Webinar:
- Senior management
- Compliance auditors and management
- Quality Assurance personnel
- Regulatory Affairs Professionals
- Quality Control personnel
- Manufacturing Management and Scientists
Instructor: Peter Calcott Ph.D.
Peter H. Calcott, Ph.D. is President, Calcott Consulting which is focused on delivering solutions to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the areas of corporate strategy, supply chain, quality, clinical development, regulatory affairs, corporate compliance and enterprise e-solutions. He is also an Academic Program Developer for the University of California, Berkeley’s Biotechnology and Pharmaceutics Postgraduate Programs. Prior to this he was VP at the executive team level at PDL BioPharma where he was responsible for development and implementation of Quality & Compliance strategy across the corporation… Full Bio>>>
All Pharma Webinars live training programs audio and visual are delivered via Cisco WebEx with basic system requirements of a computer with internet access and a telephone to access the audio portion of the presentations. You can choose to access the audio through your computer.
Live Training Benefits:
Live Training Benefits:
• Pharma Webinars training webinars and programs are presented exclusively as live events only.
• Designed and delivered based on e-learning best practices, Pharma Webinars' live training webinars and programs are as effective as in person training.
• Live training webinars and multi-part training programs are strictly educational based, and do not promote or endorse any products or services whatsoever.
• An interactive live Q&A and discussion period is included in each live training presentation. Questions can also be submitted to the speaker via email both prior to and following the live training webinar as a means of improving participant experience, and ensuring successful topic comprehension.
• Live presentations ensure that all live training webinars and programs are engaging and informative, allowing trainees to exchange ideas through audio conferencing and live chat during each presentation in real time. Each live training session includes a dedicated live Q&A period allowing trainees to interact directly with the instructor, with quick feedback providing them with concrete understanding of the answers and the training subject itself.
• Each Pharma Webinars live training webinar and program content is updated on regular basis to provide the latest regulatory, operational and technological trends in the international pharmaceutical arena. As regulatory expectations, guidance, or industry trends change, so does our training in order to reflect those changes as soon as the changes are released.
• Pharma Webinars' instructors are the most recognized subject matter experts in the industry who are selected based on very strict qualification criteria. They are coached on the latest e-learning speaking methods in order to make each presentation engaging, memorable and very effective.
• Each registered attendee receives an exact copy of the presentation slides and other course handouts significantly reducing the learning curve as trainees can refer back to this material in the future.
• All trainees receive a Certificate of Attendance for each live training webinar and program they attend to be kept for training records.